What’s your favorite pottery site? If you don’t see it listed on Pottery Making Info you can help the pottery making community and add it! Don’t worry, it’s free!
First decide what kind of addition you would like to make (a link in the pottery directory or a page/site in the search engines). Then read through the requirements below to make sure it is a good fit.
Add a Link to the Pottery Directory
Pottery Making Info offers a directory of pottery sites. If you would like a link added to a site it should meet these basic requirements:
- The site or page should be mostly about or related to making pottery.
- A suitable category must be chosen or suggested. Categories include: general pottery sites, information, communities, artists/potters, supplies, galleries, and blogs.
- The site should be safe, useful and easy to use and read.
- Double check that the link hasn’t been added already. If you would like to change something about your link you can just email me instead of filling out the form again.
Sound good? Add a link!
Add to the Search Engines
These search engines pull results only from a list of approved pages and sites. If you would like a page or site added to the list it should meet these requirements:
- To add to the Information Search the web page must be about making pottery. For example, techniques, tips, glaze recipes, tutorials, etc.
- To add to the Supplies Search the website must have pottery supplies, tools or equipment for sale and displayed in a searchable manner. Each item must have it’s own page.
- Google must be able to crawl and index the page for it to be added to search results. So flash content, text in images, etc. won’t work well for this.
- The content must be safe, useful and well written.
- Check that the page or site hasn’t been added already: type the url in the search engine and see if the page appears in the results. If so, the page has already been added to the search engine.
Sound good? Add to the search engines!
How Do I Add My Blog to the Clay Blog Review?
If you haven’t heard, the Clay Blog Review is a monthly summary of the best pottery blogging. To get your blog on the list make sure it is listed on the master list of pottery blogs. If not, add it (choose the “Blogs” category). Then write useful, inspirational, eye catching content each month. I will eventually read it and if I feel like the quality meets the Pottery Making Info standard, I’ll list it in that month’s summary.
Keep In Mind
All submissions are reviewed individually by a real human being. This human being has a real life and real responsibilites but will make every effort to review and add or decline each suggestion within a couple weeks of receiving it.
I reserve the right to remove or change any link, description, or content at any time for any reason… but probably won’t.
You should recieve a confirmation email when you submit a form. This will confirm that your information made it through the system. It does not mean that your submission has been reviewed… yet. I’ll try to remember to send a follow up email when your link or page is added.
Feeds Have Been Discontinued For Now
A feed is a special stream of data that can be regularly updated. You can submit a page if it meets these requirements: A majority of the content must be about pottery or ceramics. The site or page must have a compatible feed (for example RSS or atom) which are created automatically by most blogging software. There is no minimum update frequency but a limit might be set for individual feed updates. For example, the Working Artist Feed limits each blog to the two most recent entries. The content should be safe, useful and well written. Sound good? Add a feed!