Pottery Making Information
Links to specific pottery information.
- Learning to Throw on the Potters Wheel - Marvin Bartel
- Pottery Tutorial - John Hester
- Abbot Pottery - pinch pots, slabs, coils, throwing
- Popular Pottery Techniques - a brief explanation of methods
- Pottery On the Wheel - Steve McDonald - a wealth of information about throwing pottery on the wheel
- Lakeside Pottery Ceramic School and Studio - Pottery tips covering pottery wheel techniques, hand building, sculpting, glazing and firing
- Drying Tips and Basic Tools from Patricia Bridges
Chemistry, Glazing and Materials
- Glaze21.org - Glazing without a Ph.D. in Chemistry
- DigitalFire - Database, Materials, Recipes, Articles, Glossary
- Ceramic Arts Daily: Glaze Chemistry - Articles about Glaze Chemistry
- Duncan Shearer Glazes - A Glaze Course
- Ian Currie, glazes.org - Glaze Research & Other Passions of an Australian Potter
- Stoneware Glazes - Free online book by Ian Currie
- Glaze Stability - from John Hesselberth of Frog Pond Pottery
- Getting Started with Crystaline Glazes - Jesse Hull
- Terra Sigillata - Vince Pitelka
- John Post - Cone 6 Glaze Explorations
- Free Glaze Calculator - glazecalculator.com
- Online Ceramics Glaze Calculator - Glaze Calculator plus other tools
- InterGlaze - an interactive glaze analysis program on the web
- Glaze Recipe Sharing - A place for potters to share!
- Matt and Dave's Clays: Science Page - Reasearch we have done in ceramic science.
- 6 Stencil Tips from Patricia Bridges
- Clay and Glaze Materials Resource Handbook - compiled by Brian Harper at Indiana University Southeast
- Glaze Thermal Expansion - John Sankey
- Additives for Ceramic Use - Linda Arbuckle
- Ceramic Materials Guide - Linda Arbuckle
- Glaze Book - A collection of glaze recipes and combinations.
- Clay - A brief overview by Jeni Hansen
- Print and Clay Techniques
- Clay and Glaze Database - Personal research project by Ben Fiess
Kilns and Firing
- Info from L&L Kilns - downloadable PDF files.
- Skutt Support, Articles - downloadable PDF files.
- Robert Compton - Firing Methods & Results they produce
- Notes on Firing Cycles - Nan Rothwell
- Firing In Oxidation - Val Cushing
- Steven Hill - including pulling handles, spraying glazes and once firing.
- Pottery Myths - Article by Jeff Zamek
- Handouts by Linda Arbuckle
Page updated: June 25, 2013